Library Media Specialist
This job has been closed
Green Bay Area Public Schools
Library Media Specialist
School / Org:
||Fort Howard Elementary School
||Green Bay, Wisconsin
No. of Positions:
||31 October 2017
||Open Until Filled
Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Library Media Specialist (limited term, part-time)
Location: Fort Howard Elementary School
Start Date: 10/02/2017
Salary/Wage: $190/full-day worked; prorated for half-days worked
Terms/Schedule: full days Monday and Tuesday; Thursday afternoon
Appointment Type: Part Time
Fort Howard is pleased to announce an immediate vacancy for a limited term, part-time (50%) library media specialist position. This position will be for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year only. Wisconsin DPI library media certification is required; candidates who have enrolled in a program leading toward library media certification may be considered for this vacancy.
Examples of Essential Functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Develops lesson plans, as appropriate; to provide for a sequential program of library/media instruction to support and implement the District curriculum.
2. Orients students and staff to library/media resources and procedures.
3. Gives instruction in library/media skills, develops basic reference techniques and use of specialized reference books and other materials.
4. Assists students with independent study.
5. Guides reference and research work of small and large groups.
6. Works with teachers to incorporate library/media resources into classroom activities.
7. Provides classroom presentations in the use of multimedia resources.
8. Produces bibliographies of new materials received in the library/media center.
9. Routes new library/media center acquisitions of particular interest to staff members.
10. Cooperates with the District Library/Media Coordinator and administrative chairperson to assure coordination and continuity of the library/media skills program.
11. Cooperates with area school media centers and public libraries to provide information on assignments; and encourages sharing of materials and services at the local level.
12. Coordinates, maintains and implements technology programs and equipment in the library/media center.
13. Creates and maintains a library/media center environment that is conductive to learning.
14. Displays motivational materials; such as, book displays, promotional materials and bulletin boards.
15. Disciplines in a dignified, fair and positive manner, striving toward student self-control.
16. Establishes an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
17. Displays a thorough knowledge of and enthusiasm for the operation and control of the library/media center.
18. Encourages students to develop skills of self-reliance, inquiry and self-motivation through activities, programs and multimedia usage.
19. Utilizes effective library/media center management procedures, selection procedures and organizational procedures to provide suitable materials to meet the individual needs of students, staff and District adopted
20. Maintains a balanced, current collection of library/media materials covering varying viewpoints of an issue and portraying all races and creeds.
21. Provides opportunities for all students to experience success regularly through the use of the library/media center.
22. Selects library/media materials in conjunction with the District selection policy and curriculum needs.
23. Enlists faculty assistance when selecting and evaluating library/media materials.
24. Classifies and catalogs instructional resources when not processed centrally.
25. Reviews, inventories and updates the library/media materials collection to keep the instructional materials current.
26. Establishes with teachers procedures for assignments involving the use of library/media resources.
27. Promotes the use of professional library/media resources.
28. Provides quick reference and in-depth research assistance to students, faculty and administrators.
29. Is involved with curriculum implementation through the selection of instructional materials, the infusion of technology and the design of classroom activities with teachers through flexible scheduling.
30. Makes available the facilities and equipment for access to information sources.
31. Compiles and submits required reports promptly, legibly, and accurately.
32. All other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience: 0
- Library Media Specialist
- Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job