Math Intervention Specialist Teacher
This job has been closed
Stafford County Public Schools
School / Org:
No. of Positions:
||20 September 2017
||Open Until Filled
Stafford County P.S is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Math Intervention Specialist Teacher - .5
Location: Widewater Elementary
Position Summary - Mathematics Specialist: Under the supervision of Building Administrator and Mathematics Coordinator, the position will provide leadership and expertise in mathematics teaching to building level administers, staff members, and parents to improve student learning in mathematics.
The following Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, and Key Duties and Responsibilities are given by way of example, and are not intended to be all inclusive and are not set forth in order of importance
1. Licensure in k-5 elementary education and mathematics specialist endorsement preferred.
2. Provide evidence of significant participation and implementation into practice of research-based professional growth opportunities in mathematics and mathematics education.
3. Have at least five years of successful full-time k-5 classroom teaching experience.
4. Have experience working with multiple grade levels and differentiated instruction.
5. Have experience in providing staff development in mathematics content, in mathematics instructional strategies, and in using assessment to inform instruction.
6. Possess good character and leadership qualities.
7. Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
8. Ongoing evidence of mental and physical competence to perform assigned responsibilities may be required from a qualified physician.
9. An applicant who has had prior experience in a related position must have a performance rating which is acceptable to Stafford County for such experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with all staff members to plan and implement appropriate mathematics instructional programs.
2. Demonstrate ability to relate positively with parents and community representatives.
3. Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication; thorough knowledge of English grammar and usage.
4. Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of mathematics content and of the ability to identify and use appropriate pedagogical skills.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the development of mathematical understanding and mathematical proficiency.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of current theory and research based practices in mathematics instruction, of current researched based mathematics curriculum programs and in a wide variety of assessment strategies.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of standardized tests and procedures in developing intervention plans for diverse populations of students.
9. Demonstrate the ability to assess individual needs and performance and to use the results to inform instructional planning.
10. Demonstrate ability to develop and present high quality and in-depth mathematics professional development for teachers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with the building level administration, building level staff, and district level Mathematics Supervisor in the development and implementation of programs and strategies for the improvement of student achievement in mathematics.
2. Provide building level leadership and support to teachers and paraprofessionals to increase their content knowledge in mathematics and to teach new instructional strategies through consultations with teachers and modeling lessons in teacherís classrooms.
3. Model effective mathematics instruction and collegial collaboration by co-teaching a year long class with a highly qualified K-5 elementary teacher in the building.
4. Collaborate with grade-level teachers to review and further develop mathematics curriculum maps, pacing guides, and instructional plans to enhance the success of students and teachers.
5. Coordinate the review process and then the implementation of division-based curriculum materials such as textbooks, problem based instructional materials, and assessment programs such as Leveled Assessments and Early Childhood Assessment in Number.
6. Develop and present ongoing professional development opportunities for teachers.
7. Plan and coordinate the implementation of opportunities for school-based parent participation in mathematics.
8. Engage in research-based professional development and apply learned professional development practices.
9. Monitor various forms of documentation and records regarding mathematics instruction and learning.
10. Provide leadership and consultation services in the assessment of mathematics to identify students who are at risk as well as those students who may be gifted in mathematics.
11. Analyze student assessment data and use the results to design and coordinate the implication of appropriate intervention strategies.
12. Provide sustained mentoring for new teachers by providing assistance in developing and implementing their mathematics program.
13. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
14. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
15. Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and general public.
16. Must work in close harmony with colleagues, supervisors, and co-workers.
17. Maintain a clean, net appearance, appropriate to position.
18. Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
19. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Evaluated by: Building principal consulting with the Mathematics Coordinator when appropriate.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Terms of Employment: 200 Days in accordance with Stafford County Public School Calendar
Evaluation: Evaluation will be conducted according to School Board Policies and Regulations.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Stafford County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Stafford County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job