This job has been closed
Chesapeake Public Schools
School / Org:
||Chesapeake Public Schools
No. of Positions:
||15 November 2017
||Open Until Filled
Chesapeake Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Applicant Pool - Middle School - Spanish Teacher
Calendar Days: 10 Calendar Months
* Bachelor's Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in an acceptable field.
Performs difficult professional work providing teaching and/or training services to students in general instruction or in a specialized subject or assigned group of students, motivating students to develop skill in assigned subject matters; does related work as required.
- Teaching in an elementary, secondary or vocational school instructional program and class environment favorable to learning; teaching a broad range of subjects or specialized subject matter(s); teaching special needs students; motivating students to achieve maximum potential;
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials; develops individual programs for special needs students;
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences;
- Integrates subject area content and technology;
- Instructs students in area(s) of specialization and subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district;
- Adapts teaching materials and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students;
- Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions;
- Assesses and evaluates needs of students; provides instruction in individual or group sessions; establishes and maintains standards of behavior;
- Formulates and implements behavior modification programs for special needs students;
- Identifies student needs; assists with assessment of needs;
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with established procedures;
- Encourages students to think independently, develop and express original ideas;
- Evaluates students' progress; maintains appropriate records; prepares progress reports;
- Communicates with students, student counselors and parents through conferences and other means;
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education and self-selected professional books and instructional materials;
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional materials;
- Participates in curriculum development programs, faculty committees and student activity sponsorship as required;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Thorough knowledge of subject(s) taught; thorough knowledge of elementary, secondary or special education principles, practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching; thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
* This is light work.
* Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
* Work requires stooping.
* Work requires kneeling
* Work requires reaching.
* Work requires standing.
* Work requires walking.
* Work requires pushing.
* Work requires pulling.
* Work requires lifting.
* Work requires repetitive motions.
* Vocal communication required to convey instructions.
* Spoken word required for expressing/exchanging ideas.
* Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
* Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
* Subject to inside environmental conditions.
* Subject to outside environmental conditions.
* Subject to noise.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job