Belief Statements of the Essex County Public Schools
WE BELIEVE that all children can learn and, therefore, adopt practices that foster this belief.
· Students are engaged in the learning process, and we choose teaching strategies that further active student learning.
· We practice the development of critical thinking and accept it as a necessary learning skill.
· We recognize differences in learning styles and offer choices in the way students learn and demonstrate competence.
· We view education as a life-long experience and continuously attempt to develop self-esteem in students.
· Young children have varied experiences prior to formal schooling. Early programs, which identify and address gaps in experiences, are crucial for school success.
WE BELIEVE that teachers work with students in ways that ensue that everyone will learn.
· Teachers set high expectations for their own performance.
· Teachers are positive, enthusiastic role models for students.
· Developmentally appropriate practices guide all program development.
· Teachers are catalysts to the learning process, with the ultimate goal being to help students use their minds well.
· Although teachers must have an understanding of the disciplines, they are first a community of learners, continuously developing and supporting good practices in the classroom.
WE BELIEVE that a community is a vital partner in the education of children.
· Parents and educators work together as a team to design and deliver a strong educational program.
· In order to create a system of schooling that focuses on the whole child, partnerships are encouraged among business and industry, community agencies, and the schools.
· Open communications within the school and community is necessary and valued for effective schooling.
· A variety of strategies are used to promote home, school and community support.
· The community is committed to a strong, quality education program, which requires financial support.
Essex County Public Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 3
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Essex County Public Schools are copyright Essex County Public Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Essex County Public Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Essex County Public Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.