/ EAN / Mountain Pacific Region / Utah / Jordan School District / Jordan School District Information

Jordan School District Info

Jordan School District, located in Sandy Utah has every culture opportunity in the world!

~ The home of the 2002 Winter Olympics.
~ Within 20 minutes of 3 major University's.
~ If you enjoy skiing there are many resorts nearby.
~ Go to the Symphony or watch the Utah Jazz.

Jordan School District anticipates a growth of 12,000 students in the next nine years. The district offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as comprehensive induction and mentoring for new employers.

Jordan School District is the largest of Utahís 40 school districts with a 2000-01 fall enrollment of 73,128 . The district covers approximately 250 square miles in the southern half of Salt Lake County extending from the Wasatch Mountain range on the east to the Oquirrh range on the west. The Districtís borders encompass eight municipalities and unincorporated areas of Salt Lake County. The municipalities of West Jordan, South Jordan, Riverton, and Draper are experiencing dramatic growth while other areas of the District are experiencing moderate or no growth.

As one of the fastest growing districts in the state, Jordan School District consists of 81 schools: 53 elementary schools (27 of which are year-round), 15 middle schools, nine high schools, one technical center and three special schools.

Jordan School District, under the leadership of Supt. Barry L. Newbold, is one of the largest employers in South Salt Lake Valley. The District is making a major contribution to the areaís economy by providing full-time and part-time jobs for nearly 8,500 people. About 54% of the jobs require university degrees and state certification. The other 46% of the positions are classified according to the skills required. Classified positions do not generally require university degrees or state certification. Jordan School District is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits teachers from universities throughout the nation. The District also follows a policy of promoting from within to increase job satisfaction and reduce the employee turnover rate.

Jordan School Districtís administrative offices are located at 9361 South 300 East in Sandy, Utah.

Jordan School District is a publicly funded organization
Enrollment: 73150
No. of Schools: 81

For More Information

To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below. If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.

Username: Password:
Register Now!
   
Forgot Your Password?

Any logos and trademarks of Jordan School District are copyright Jordan School District. Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Jordan School District. Individuals should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided directly from Jordan School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.



Education Canada Network Education Jobfairs World of Education Teaching jobs in Australia StudentsChoices.com

About EAN   |   Terms & Conditions of Use   |   Privacy Policy  
Information for Job Seekers   |  Information for Employers   |   Information for Advertisers
Networking with EAN   |   Contact Us   |   Tech Support
Site and Contents © 2000- Education America Network. All Rights Reserved.

Our Education Partners:
AAEE


ABOUT TRUST ONLINE