Since 1901, the Big Spring ISD has a long and proud heritage of providing a high quality of excellence in education. Throughout the years, graduates of Big Spring have provided many accomplishments for the betterment of our entire society. I invite our former students, our friends, or any interested person to connect to our web site and view what is currently happening in the Big Spring Public Schools. Our district is dedicated to the ideal of providing the very best to it's students. So come, take a look at Big Spring ISD of the new millennium and become a part of the Cyber home of the STEERS.
Texas is moving toward the next century amid a period of dramatic change in the technological and economic conditions of the state, nation and world. These changes directly affect the children of the Big Spring educational system. Big Spring ISD is committed to exemplary education in order to prepare its children to effectively live and work in this changing future.
Our Mission Statement
The students of Big Spring ISD need to develop essential academic skills as well as higher order thinking in order to acquire a knowledge base on which to build life long learning. The students of BSISD will:
* be taught a core curriculum of English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health, physical education, and technological skills.
* acquire a knowledge of citizenship and economic responsibilities and an appreciation of our common American heritage including its multicultural richness
* be provided the opportunity to develop the ability to think logically and independently, communicate effectively, and creatively solve problems.
Educating the students of BSISD to be productive in a changing future necessitates high expectations for all students.
To accomplish this mission BSISD will emphasize a system which will be characterized by the following components;
* Instruction must be provided at the highest levels of quality.
* Educational opportunities and resources must be distributed with equity for all students.
* This education system must maintain accountability for demonstrated results and continuous improvement.
Goal 1: Big Spring ISD will provide rigorous programs to ensure high academic achievement for each student.
Goal 2: Big Spring ISD will ensure a safe and disciplined environment.
Goal 3: Big Spring ISD will involve parents to represent the educational needs and concerns of the community.
Big Spring Independent School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 9
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Big Spring Independent School District are copyright Big Spring Independent School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Big Spring Independent School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Big Spring Independent School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.