Chief Operating Officer
This job has been closed
Round Rock Independent School District
||Chief Executive Officer
School / Org:
||Round Rock Independent School District
||Round Rock, Texas
No. of Positions:
||7 February 2018
||23 February 2018
Round Rock Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Chief Operating Officer
Location: Operating Officer
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Evaluation Type: Leadership
Pay Grade: 609
Basic Function & Responsibility: Supervise, support, and provide administration direction for facilities, construction, custodial services, maintenance, energy management, risk management, and transportation departments.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
- Provide administrative direction and support for facilities functions, including acquisition of new land and coordination with new construction to meet needs of growth, oversight of capital improvements to existing facilities, transition, and operations; review facilities plan and construction management policies to ensure they meet District needs and comply with state requirements and Board policy; develop and implement a long range facilities plan; oversee the collection of data related to school capacities and recommend the appropriate placement of portable buildings.
- Provide administrative direction and support for all custodial functions, ensuring effective and efficient campus support; work with Custodial Services Director to ensure that all facilities are clean and sanitary to meet all local and state health requirements.
- Provide administrative direction and support for all maintenance functions, ensuring effective and efficient support to all campuses; work with the Maintenance Director to ensure that grounds are mowed, cleaned, and trimmed periodically to comply with District schedules and ensure that facilities are maintained in a state that is conducive to the learning environment and cost-effective; develop and implement capital replacement programs for major infrastructure items.
- Provide administrative direction and support for transportation functions and auto fleet management, including communicating with District insurance carriers and risk manager as needed; work with the Transportation Director to ensure safe and effective operation of the department, oversee the planning and development of all busing services for the District; monitor the development and implementation of a replacement program for the District fleet.
- Provide administrative direction and support for energy management functions; work with the Energy Manager to monitor assigned projects.
- Develop and prepare monthly and annual reports as required and requested for school board presentations; compile budgets and cost estimates based on construction and facilities projects as needed.
- Coordinate the sale and acquisition of real property in accordance with state and federal regulations; maintain up-to-date records of property and facilities owned by the District.
- Research, recommend, implement and administer District and department policies and procedures that are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide leadership when assigned for citizens committees that may be created by the Board.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administrators and provide assistance to requesting departments.
- Prepare annual operating budget recommendation for department and implement and monitor assigned budgets.
Human Resources Management:
- Provide administrative direction and leadership to assigned staff for the operational, financial, and personnel resources to effectively support District goals.
- Supervise, evaluate performance, and lead the recruitment, hire, and placement of assigned staff.
- Recognize exemplary performance of assigned staff.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to design, implement, refine, and evaluate assigned programs in order to continuously improve the campus/department.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Guide assigned staff in the planning and implementation of professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
- Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the Districtís initiatives.
- Foster collegiality and team building among department employees; encourage active involvement in the decision-making process by all department employees; communicate expectations for high-level performance to staff; recognize staff achievements; and ensure effective and quick resolution of conflicts among department employees.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among assigned department personnel and campus administrators to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Board of Trustee policy and district regulation/procedures.
- Knowledge of acceptable property casualty practices and standards.
- Knowledge of general Texas Education Agency rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of schematic design, working with design development documents.
- Skill in implementing communication and collaboration between and among various areas of the organization to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Skill in implementing integration and interaction of vertical and horizontal systems to guarantee the support of high student achievement and customer satisfaction.
- Skill in conducting group presentations.
- Skill in mediation/facilitation of group/individual problem resolution.
- Ability to interpret schematic document plans and specifications.
- Ability to solve complex problems and build consensus.
- Ability to develop and implement long-range plans.
Entry Qualifications: Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university and seven years of related experience, including three years in a supervisor capacity. Must be able to meet the district vehicle liability policy requirements and maintain a current Texas driverís license.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Use computer for prolonged period resulting in repetitive hand motions.
- Lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Travel district-wide on a frequent basis and statewide occasionally.
- Work extended and irregular hours.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office or school setting with little or no exposure to physical risk.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job