This job has been closed
Round Rock Independent School District
School / Org:
||Round Rock Independent School District
||Round Rock, Texas
No. of Positions:
||7 February 2018
||16 February 2018
Round Rock Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Financial Services
Job Title: Manager, Accounting
Evaluation Type: Professional
Pay Grade: 604
Supervisor: Finance Director
Basic Function & Responsibility: Prepare for review, approval, and distribution of financial reports and statistical data; provide assistance for special accounting/financial projects; manage accounts payable area; and, manage business systems.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
- Assist with the development of the Districtís annual financial report and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and annual submissions to the Government Finance Officers Association, TEA, Federal Clearinghouse and Dun and Bradstreet.
- Prepare work papers and supporting schedules for the CAFR.
- Provide primary support for the district-wide accounting system implementation and transition.
- Maintain chart of accounts, accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management.
- Provide guidance and management support for the accounts payable area.
- Maintain and closely monitor the Student Activity Fund and the fixed assets system.
- Maintain and monitor all bank and investment reconciliations.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new requirements; enforce adherence to requirements; file financial reports; advise management on needed actions.
- Develop, revise and update accounting guidelines and procedures.
- Manage and update District accounting web pages on a continual basis.
- Consult with end-users to determine data requirements, and develop reports to meet those needs.
- Provide analytical assistance, technical support, training and guidance to district and campus personnel on using databases, systems and analyzing data.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administrators and provide assistance to requesting departments.
- Follow District and department policies and procedures.
Human Resources Management:
- Provide direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Provide input on performance of assigned staff.
- Recognize exemplary performance of assigned staff.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and, participating in professional societies.
- Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the Districtís initiatives.
- Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of district accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of district computer software programs/systems.
- Knowledge of acceptable supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in preparing standard and custom financial reports.
- Skill in applying acceptable supervisory practices.
- Skill in implementing communication and collaboration between and among various areas of the organization enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Skill in delivery of services throughout the learning community, assigned area, and customers.
- Skill in coordinating the collaborations of assigned vertical and horizontal systems to support high student achievement and customer satisfaction.
- Skill in operating standard computer and software applications, including but not limited to electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- Skill in communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work responsibilities and delegate appropriate departmental tasks effectively.
Entry Qualifications: Bachelorís degree in accounting, finance or business related field from an accredited college or university and four years of related experience, including one year in a supervisor capacity.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Travel district wide occasionally.
- Work extended and irregular hours.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use computer for prolonged period resulting in repetitive hand motions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job