Instructional Coach - Elementary
This job has been closed
Round Rock Independent School District
Lead Teacher/Dept. Head
School / Org:
||Cedar Ridge Area of Academics
||Round Rock, Texas
No. of Positions:
||2 January 2018
||19 January 2018
Round Rock Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Instructional Coach - Elementary
Location: Cedar Ridge Area of Academics
Job Title: Instructional Coach
Evaluation Type: Professional
Pay Grade: 504
Supervisor: Area Director, Academics
Basic Function & Responsibility: Provide support to teachers, campus and district staff members in implementing best instructional practices and use of technology; promote positive change and commitment for engaged learning environments leading to improved student performance.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Develop relationships with adults that lead to positive change in instructional practices and student achievement.
- Support teachers with implementation of research-based, high-yield instructional strategies.
- Assist teachers with understanding state standards for proficiency at all grade levels and content areas.
- Assist individual teachers and teams with analyzing multiple sources of data, including student work, to reflect on student growth and determine appropriate instruction.
- Understand effective instructional practices and assist teachers in implementing these practices.
- Support teachersí implementation of differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Co-teach and model instructional strategies that ensure rigorous core instruction for all learners.
- Provide support to teachers and teams in using backward design to plan instructional units and classroom lessons.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide timely and specific feedback with a focus on studentsí learning behaviors.
- Conduct coaching conversations with teachers to promote reflection and instructional improvement.
- Support the implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of assigned programs for elementary and secondary education, curriculum, and/or instructional support, and ensure that assigned programs are efficiently and effectively administered.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
- Respond in a timely and positive manner to all requests for support from campus and district administrators.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administrators and provide assistance to requesting departments.
- Follow District and department policies and procedures.
- Plan and facilitate high-quality district professional development sessions.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of district curriculum resources.
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the department and campus improvement plans.
- Meet regularly with campus administration to review campus data and determine priorities for coaching.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Actively engage in professional development training, reading and research to keep current on instructional best practices and regularly share new learning with teachers and administrators.
- Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
Academic Excellence Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives:
- Support the administration of state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the Districtís initiatives.
- Communicate with district stakeholders in a positive and supportive manner.
- Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and state assessments.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of effective instruction and classroom management methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of building collaborative structures in educational environments.
- Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
- Skill in analyzing and reflecting on student data, including work samples, to improve instructional practices.
- Ability to locate and obtain instructional materials to support best practice instruction.
- Ability to engage others in collective inquiry and problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders in groups of various sizes.
Entry Qualifications: Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university, valid Texas Teacher Certification, and four years of classroom teaching experience.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Travel district wide occasionally.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use computer for prolonged period resulting in repetitive hand motions.
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment with little or no exposure to physical risk.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job