1st Grade Substitute Teacher
This job has been closed
Round Rock Independent School District
School / Org:
||Round Rock, Texas
No. of Positions:
||5 December 2017
||14 December 2017
Round Rock Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
1st Grade Substitute Teacher - Long Term Substitute
Location: Robertson Elementary
ASSIGNMENTS MAY BE LONGER THAN 30 DAYS. SUBSTITUTE MUST WORK A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR RATE.
Job Title: Substitute Teacher
Evaluation Type: Substitute
Pay Grade: Substitute Daily Rate
Supervisor: Substitute Office
Basic Function & Responsibility: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Implement lesson plans for the curriculum assigned.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative regulations and district curriculum documents, while maintaining high expectations.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of individual students and student groups.
- Cooperate in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives and methods in accordance with district requirements.
- Use technology in the teaching/learning process with approval.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
- Support the implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of assigned programs for elementary and secondary education, curriculum, and/or instructional support, and ensure that assigned programs are efficiently and effectively administered.
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans.
- Assume responsibility for activities/duties as assigned or approved by school administrator.
- Establish control in the classroom and administer discipline in accordance with board policies, administrative regulations, and district Discipline Management Plan.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
- Assist campuses in resolving parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
- Model positive behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible when interacting with colleagues, students, parents, and community.
- Comply, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents required.
- Maintain regular, on-time attendance.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administrators and provide assistance to requesting departments.
- Follow District and department policies and procedures.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
Academic Excellence Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives:
- Support the administration of state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the Districtís initiatives.
- Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Limited supervision of classroom assistants and/or volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable district policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of complexities of building collaborative structures in the educational environment.
- Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
- Skill in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem solving.
- Skill in communicating effectively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities.
Entry Qualifications: Education equivalent to completion of high school AND one of the following: completion of two years of study at an institution of higher education, or an Associate of Arts (AA) or higher degree, OR completion of a formal substitute teaching preparation course, OR a combination of education and/or related work experience (i.e. day care, private school teaching, summer camps, substitute teacher work, teaching assistant, etc.) equivalent to two years.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel district wide frequently
- Use repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of a computer.
- Exposure to physical risk is limited.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment with little or no exposure to physical risk.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job