The Lamar Consolidated Independent School District, 346 square miles located in the western part of Fort Bend County, serves a number of growing new areas including Greatwood, Pecan Grove, Plantation Place, and Weston Lakes, as well as established communities of Richmond, Rosenberg and several other small towns. We are located 30 miles southwest of Houston, Texas.
A growing number of people are recognizing that the Lamar Schools are truly "Fort Bend County's Best-Kept Secret." LCISD prides itself on a rich history and an even brighter future. The district offers superior learning opportunities, combining excellent teachers, progressive educational theory and practice, and state-of-the- art technology with the unmistakable advantages of small schools and a hometown atmoshpere.
LCISD TAAS scores have surpassed the state and Region IV in overall gains in mastery from 1994 to 1998. Two campuses have received as "Exemplary" rating from TEA, while six others were awarded a "Recognized" status. SAT scores are above both state and national averages.
* Smaller enrollments give students an enhanced feeling of security, more access to counselling and support services, and greater opportunities for success
* An extraordinary teaching staff characterized by more teachers with advanced degrees and a large number of teachers with many years of classroom experience
* Innovative sixth grade schools that focus on the special needs of young adolescents
* State and national award-winning students and teachers
* A decentralized, site-base management system where parents and teachers are involved in significant decisions about instructional goals and campus-level improvement plans
* A higher level of community and parent involvment and exemplary interagency cooperation in providing student services
* A strong focus on educational technology
* A gifted and talented program in grades 3-12
* Advanced placement courses in math, language arts, science, social studies, foreign language and art
* Exciting interactive video disc-based science curriculum in grades 1-6
* Outstanding special education program
* A visionary vocational program that integrates technology and academic classes, focusing on career preparedness for all students
* A strong, academic high school curriculum
* Instruction in lifetime sports such as swimming as part of the regular PE curriculum
* A strong, conservative approach to discipline
* A district-wide drug-free schools program and award-winning drug education programs
* The participation of over 150 businesses in the Partners in Education program
* A conservative approach to finance that keeps homeowners' school taxes lower than most surrounding school districts.
* Early intervention with young students
* Extended day and extended year programs for remediation
* Innovative alternative education programs
* A "back to basics" approach for reading and math at the elementary level
Lamar Consolidated Independent School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 26
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Lamar Consolidated Independent School District are copyright Lamar Consolidated Independent School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Lamar Consolidated Independent School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Lamar Consolidated Independent School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.