. . . in pursuit of excellence . . .
The mission of the Denton Public Schools, in partnership with the home and community, is to provide the best educational opportunities in a challenging yet supportive environment where individuals and cultural diversity are respected so that our students become knowledgeable and responsible citizens who are capable of life-long learning and who have developed the necessary skills to contribute productively to a complex and ever-changing world.
* Promote effective collaboration toward achieving the district's mission on behalf of all its students
* Provide, promote, and secure a learning and working environment and culture which is warm, accepting, and friendly while establishing a high expectation level for success for all students, staff, parents, and community
* Provide challenging and equitable educational opportunities for all students
* Recruit, acquire, and maintain a diverse work force that is second to none in terms of qualifications, expertise, and commitment to excellence
* Provide facilities and equipment necessary to support creative, effective, and innovative instructional programs
* Achieve an open and effective internal and external communications network
* Promote, initiate, and foster collaboration between the district and its respective communities
* Establish a process for the periodic review and evaluation of district goals and priorities
* Ensure that the district is meeting its mission statement and goals