CISD is a learning community
united in its commitment to ensuring all students graduate with confidence and competence.
The schools and communities work together to provide performance standards which can be applied to the real world.
This is achieved through the implementation of quality in instruction, operations, and leadership.
Information for Hurricane Katrina Evacuees
The Conroe Independent School District welcomes with open arms and open doors those students from the areas impacted by Hurricane Katrina. Children whose families have temporarily relocated within the Conroe Independent School District because of the hurricane may be enrolled in the school zone of their temporary residence. Parents should go to that school and enroll their school-age children. The following information should assist you in this process.
* Please bring with you the address and phone number of the relative or friend with whom you are living or the hotel/motel address and phone number at which you are staying. Parents will be asked to complete a Student Enrollment Form for their child (children) to document where they are currently residing.
* The Texas Education Agency has authorized Texas school districts to forego the requirements for immunization records, birth certificates, and school records for admissions of students who are evacuees from Hurricane Katrina.
* Students who are evacuees from Hurricane Katrina will be provided immediate access to the free breakfast and lunch program.
* Students who are evacuees from Hurricane Katrina will be provided transportation to and from school at no cost.
* Designation of appropriate grade level, placement in Special Education, provision of other services, and other educational decisions shall be based on information available from the parent at the time of enrollment.
* Students who are evacuees from Hurricane Katrina will be afforded assistance with emergency clothing, medications, school supplies, and other services through the community organizations linked below.
* Enrollment in Pre-kindergarten, Kindergarten, and First Grade requires meeting certain age requirements. Pre-kindergarten classes are available for children who are 4 years on or before September 1, 2005. Kindergarten classes are available for children who are 5 years on or before September 1, 2005. First grade classes are available for children who are 6 years on or before September 1, 2005, or have been enrolled in the first grade or have completed kindergarten in the public school of another state.
* For additional CISD information please contact your campus or the CISD Communications Office at (936) 709-7707.
Conroe ISD History
Conroe Independent School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 48
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Conroe Independent School District are copyright Conroe Independent School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Conroe Independent School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Conroe Independent School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.