Substitue School Nurse
This job has been closed
Carson City Schools
RN (Registered Nurse)
School / Org:
||Carson City Schools
|| Carson Middle School, Nevada
No. of Positions:
||$15.60 - $26.41 / Per Hour
||3 November 2017
||Open Until Filled
Carson City Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s):
Substitue School Nurse
Position ID#: 4734
LICENSE: Valid Nevada State Board of Nursing License.
Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen test.
This is a temporary on-call position, non-benefitted. Bilingual preferred.
General Job Description:
The primary role of the professional school nurse is to promote the health and well-being of students, thereby facilitating student success and achievement. The School Nurse oversees the health services programs at Carson City School District school sites. School Nursing services are provided to both general and special education students as mandated under federal and state laws. This person will be expected to adhere to the Standards of School Nurse Practice, Nevada Revised Statutes, Nevada State Board of Nursing Advisory Opinion and Standards for Licensed Employees and report directly to the appropriate school site administrator (NRS 632 and 391; NSBN).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Implements a comprehensive student health program.
2. Assesses and evaluates the health and developmental status of students for the purpose of
identifying physical disorders and other factors affecting the learning process, communicating with
the primary care provider, and contributing significant information in order to modify the studentís
individualized educational health plan.
3. Conducts health screenings as required by law; e.g., hearing, vision, scoliosis, height, weight.
4. Interprets student health assessment information for students, parents/guardians, and school staff,
5. Maintains student health records.
6. Complies with public health authority mandates regarding communicable disease management and
7. Complies with state and federal law regarding reporting of suspected child abuse.
8. Performs and coordinates specialized medical procedures for medically fragile students, per
appropriate licensed health care provider orders.
9. Facilitates the provision of student medication at school, per appropriate licensed health care
provider orders, in compliance with district regulation and procedures.
10. Provides training and on-going monitoring of unlicensed district personnel involved in the delivery of
student health services, in accordance with district and state requirements.
11. Provides individual and classroom instruction in accordance with departmental and state
12. Provides nursing assistance in schools during community/district-wide disasters, as able.
13. Consults with parents/guardians, school staff and community resources regarding student health
14. Collaborates professionally with administrators, students, staff, parents/guardians, and community
15. Participates in meetings, seminars, and conferences and serves on committees, as appropriate.
16. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to position, as assigned.
1. Comply with and implement related federal and state laws and district policies, regulations, and
procedures as related to health services.
2. Maintain confidentiality.
3. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
4. Utilize a computer in health-related searches, e-mail communication, data collection and health
record, medication and specialized procedure documentation.
5. Demonstrate general knowledge in the fundamental principles, trends and research in the field of
6. Work cooperatively with students, parents/guardians, peers, administration, and community members.
7. Maintain and improve professional competence.
Education and Training:
1. Bachelorís Degree or Associates Degree in Nursing from a National League of Nursing (NLN)
accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of six (6) monthsí work experience as a registered nurse.
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess, or be able to acquire, a license from the Nevada State Board of Nursing (RN/LPN
ONLY). School Nurse certification from the Nevada Department of Education is optional.
2. Current Health Care Provider AED/CPR certification from an American Heart Association.
3. A valid driverís license that allows the applicant / employee to legally operate an insured motor vehicle in Nevada.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Strength: Heavy Work - Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Incumbent must be in good physical condition and must take a physical examination ay the Districtís expense. Incumbent will have the option of the Hepatitis B Virus (H.B.V) vaccine at the Districts expense.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Carson City Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Nevada. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Carson City Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job