Policies are a critical means by which the board implements its vision for the school district. In formulating specific policies, the board is guided by its vision, mission and strategic priorities.
All Children Can and Will Learn.
Preparing Students Today to be Successful, Contributing Citizens Tomorrow.
The Stokes County Schools will provide a safe and caring educational environment where all students learn to think critically and creatively and develop the knowledge, skills and values required for effective citizenship and lifelong learning.
The Stokes County Board of Education operates from the following core values:
Open Communications Citizenship
Long Range Vision
Management by Fact not Emotion
The Stokes County Board of Education has targeted six strategic priorities for the district that are essential to carrying out the mission.
1. High Student Achievement
* High standards required for all students.
* System-wide curriculum aligned grades K through 12.
* Effective instructional delivery systems used to teach all students.
* Continuous improvement achieved in student performance.
2. Effective and Efficient Operations
* Quality information systems used to improve communication.
* Incentive plans initiated to promote cost savings.
Policy manual and procedures updated to provide direction.
* Quality principles used to create an effective organization.
3. Safe, Orderly, and Caring Environment
* A caring attitude shown toward all children.
* All schools will be safe, orderly, and clean.
* Discipline policies consistent system-wide.
* All employees responsible for all students.
4. Quality Personnel
* System-wide plan used to attract, recruit, and retain quality personnel.
* Evaluation systems consistent system-wide.
* Personnel care for students' needs-intellectual, social, emotional, and physical.
* Quality personnel provide quality educational opportunities for all students.
* Professional development will support high performance for all employees.
* Additional professional support provided for initially licensed teachers.
* High ethical and professional standards required for all employees.
5. Strong Family, Community, and Business Support
* Relationships will improve countywide.
* Effective communication systems implemented.
6. Quality Facilities and Advanced Technology
* System-wide facility study conducted.
* Existing facilities renovated.
* New facilities constructed.
* Advanced technologies installed and used.
Stokes County Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 19
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Stokes County Schools are copyright Stokes County Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Stokes County Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Stokes County Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.