The mission of Polk County Schools, in partnership with parents and community, is to prepare and inspire each student to be a literate, responsible, productive member of a diverse society who believes learning is a lifelong process.
* Polk County Schools work best in partnership with students, parents, teachers, administrators and community where everyone assumes responsibility and accountability for their roles.
* Schools must be physically safe and orderly places that foster mutual respect among students, staff, and parents.
Schools should be caring environments where students are actively engaged in learning and are encouraged to take learning risks.
* High expectations of all partners are essential for successful performance and academic excellence.
* Students should be taught the way they learn best.
* Schools should help students to develop the skills and attitudes which enable them to be prepared for success in life.
* A sufficient financial base is necessary to provide the programs and services.
Polk County Schools is located in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains. This area is known as the "Thermal Belt" due to the mild weather caused by an
unusual weather phenomenon that creates a mild climate. The school system has six award winning schools with 2,500 students. Last school year all schools met or exceeds growth expectations. We were one of eighteen schools to achieve this designation in the state of North Carolina. The county wide school system has three municipalities Tryon, Columbus and Saluda. All are small quaint cities where everyone knows their neighbor.
Polk County Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 6
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Polk County Schools are copyright Polk County Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Polk County Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Polk County Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.