The Mission of The South Washington County Schools is to empower all learners with the knowledge, skills and attitiudes for success
South Washington County Schools is a great place to work
* Strong mentorship programs help new teachers get acquainted and feel supported in our system.
* Staff development is available for everything from curriculum to technology.
* Each teacher has a phone and voice mail number as well as access to e-mail and the internet.
* Our teachers are a team of caring, dedicated professionals who make working and learning in our district a pleasure.
* We are affiliated with master’s programs through St. Mary’s and Hamline Universities.
A few facts about our district
* District includes all of Cottage Grove, St. Paul Park and Newport, most of Woodbury and portions of Afton, Denmark and Grey Cloud Townships. District offices are located at 7362 East Point Douglas Road, Cottage Grove, MN 55016.
* About 75,000 residents and growing.
* About 15,000 students and growing.
* Eleven elementary schools (K-6), four junior highs (7-9), two high schools (10-12) and an alternative learning center.
The 1998 operating referendum increases our funding for 1999-2000 by $400 per pupil, allowing significant class size reduction and program enhancements that were decided by individual buildings.
The community helps out
* Our Education Foundation has raised $85,000 to fund projects that enhance and enrich our curriculum. Individuals, businesses and organizations donate an additional $400,000 per year.
* Schools have partnerships that bring new opportunities to share expertise and knowledge with our students and staff.
* Our business partners include 3M, Fortis, Ashland Oil, State Farm and many other local companies and professionals.
* Strong partnerships exist with county agencies and service providers for students with special needs.
Our location is convenient
* We’re located less than 30 minutes from Minneapolis and St. Paul and the many attributes of a large metropolitan center. The area has professional football, basketball, baseball and hockey as well as a myriad of cultural and recreational attractions.
* Our district is bordered on the east side by Afton State Park and the St. Croix River and on the west side by the Mississippi River. All of our communities have beautiful parks and trails.
* Interstate Highways 94 and 494 intersect in our district.
South Washington County School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 20
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of South Washington County School District are copyright South Washington County School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by South Washington County School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from South Washington County School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.