Licensed Practical Nurse Pool
Minneapolis Public School District
School / Org:
||Minneapolis Public Schools
No. of Positions:
||14 October 2017
||Open Until Filled
Minneapolis Public Schools invites applications for the following position(s)
2017-18 Licensed Practical Nurse Pool
Site: Locations may vary on a routine basis.
This position is a candidate pool and not a specific position at a school or department. This position may require an initial screening interview before being placed into the Candidate Pool. There may not be an available position(s) at the time of application but positions can become available at any time. The candidate pool is used to refer qualified applicants to the site/department with the open position. Human Resources will process your application, and once approved, your name will be sent to the Site(s) and or Department(s) with available positions.
Under general supervision, provide basic public school nursing services in the examination and treatment of patients; promotes, maintains and restores good health at MPS facilities.
*Provide general and special health counseling, patient care instructions, and treatment services to students and MPS staff, and respond to emergencies in compliance with MPS policies and quality standards.
* Support and enhance the patients' physical and emotional stability; explain nature of illness, plan of care, procedures and treatments to patient, family and significant others.
* Perform nursing procedures, first aid and prescribed medicines and medical treatments; observe and assess patients' conditions and behavior; monitor patients for adverse effects, and verify patient safety and stability; report significant changes to supervisor or physician.
* Interview and observe patients to ascertain medical history and current condition; review patients' records, take vital signs, assess current condition and pain level; administer medications as authorized; record nursing notes on patient chart. Confer and collaborate with other health care professionals to provide continuum of care.
* Screen students for a variety of health care and environmental issues; track and evaluate infection control problems and follow up with clients according to protocols.
* Prepare correspondence, referrals, patient histories, and narrative nursing activity reports; update and maintain a variety of files, records, charts and other documents; maintain appropriate records and prepare reports as required.
* Follow MPS nursing services protocols, procedures and authorized written medical care plans.
* Verify and monitor the health and safety of students and staff in the facilities.
* Maintain inventory of first aid supplies and equipment; re-order supplies as needed.
* State and Federal laws and regulatory issues governing public health, including rules and regulations of the Minnesota Department of Health and other governing agencies.
*Modern nursing principles, techniques, and procedures for the care of patients.
* Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
* Public health and safety protocols and regional healthcare issues.
* Nutrition and health maintenance issues for children and young adults.
* Regional community service agencies and other governmental assistance programs.
* Principles of record keeping and confidential records and file management.
* Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program; AND (2) years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse: OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
Must possess and maintain a valid Licensed Practical Nursing license with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Ongoing First Aid/CPR certification is required; additional health and safety training may be required.
TEACH IN MINNEAPOLIS
Apply now to be considered for 2016-2017 positions! Now accepting applications for all content areas.
First, submit your application; if you meet minimum qualifications, you will receive an invitation to participate in a screening interview. Candidates who pass screening will have an opportunity to apply for open positions at specific MPS schools as they become available this spring and summer. To learn more about the hiring process for teaching positions, visit http://bit.ly/TeachMPS or call the Office of Human Capital at 612-668-0500.
WHO WE ARE
We are a diverse and dedicated team, proud to be tasked with educating more than 35,000 Minneapolis kids every year. We believe in the achievement of every student in every classroom. We are building a workforce that is equipped to provide our students with the education and resources they need to succeed by consistently investing in the growth of our employees and doing what it takes to keep and grow our talented staff.
WHAT WE DO
At MPS, we work collaboratively to find innovative ways to connect with every single one of our students — no matter which languages they speak, or which corner of the city or the world they come from. We celebrate the diversity of our students and staff and the unique perspective each person brings to our learning community by supporting the individual needs of each student – and by caring for and supporting one another as we take on new challenges every day.
When you teach at MPS, leading effective lessons in class is just the beginning. You’ll collaborate with other passionate educators, customize your instruction to engage students of all different abilities, find ways to both challenge and encourage young minds, and create an environment where children feel safe and respected.
As an MPS teacher, you will:
Teach students standards-aligned curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving
Use a variety of assessment strategies – diagnostic, formative and summative – to inform instructional decisions and increase students’ ownership of their learning
Lead rigorous, inquiry-based learning tasks to engage students in deep content exploration as well as the habits of scholarship
Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement innovative practices based on students’ needs/abilities
Assess students' developmental and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
Create learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as fair for students from various cultural backgrounds, gender identities, races, ability levels, and developmental needs
Collaborate and communicate regularly with families
Apply your knowledge of the Minnesota State Standards, district graduation requirements, subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective
Work to help your school achieve the goals of your school improvement plan and the Minneapolis Public School District strategic plan
Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDPLC). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
A valid Minnesota teaching license; or proof of pending approved licensure
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Minneapolis Public School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Minnesota. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Minneapolis Public School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job