Anoka-Hennepin Schools are committed to meeting the needs of each student. Information below provides a brief overview of Anoka-Hennepin curriculum and student and staff successes. For detailed information, see links below to download district publications.
Our tradition of excellence is built on a firm foundation:
Community leaders from small towns and rural areas recognized the need to provide students with the best education possible back in 1952 when they voted overwhelmingly in favor of consolidating into Anoka-Hennepin School District 11. Since that time, the community has provided financial support to build schools, provide modern technology, and develop maintain strong educational programs.
Well developed educational programs:
Students in all of the district's schools have access to the same quality programs. Each area of the curriculum is reviewed on a regular basis by committees that include parents as well as teachers. A district wide Character Education program teaches and emphasizes the core values of respect, responsibility, appreciation of diversity, integrity and compassion. These values are emphasized in all schools and at all grade levels.
Samples of success:
* Parents gave top marks to Anoka-Hennepin teachers on the most recent school district community survey.
* Students of Anoka-Hennepin have shown continuous improvement through the years on state tests, and score at or above the state average in all areas.
* Teachers and staff of Anoka-Hennepin are leaders on state and national committees for teaching, curriculum development, testing and more.
* Over the years a number of Anoka-Hennepin teachers have won state and national awards, including the Presidential Award for Excellence, for their teaching of mathematics, science, music, special education, early childhood education, health and other subjects.
* Anoka-Hennepin is a leader in innovative education. STEP is a partnership with a technical college to provide high school juniors and seniors cutting-edge career and technical training.
* Riverview Specialty School for Math and Environmental Science is a one-of-a-kind program in Minnesota for elementary students.
* Through the years award-winning students from Anoka-Hennepin have been recognized as National Merit Scholars, and have won honors at the International Science and Engineering Fair, National History Day, Destination ImagiNation, national writing competitions, events for DECA, VICA, HOSA, and other student organizations, and many other academic events.
* Sports teams and individual competitors from Anoka-Hennepinís high schools frequently appear in state competition and take home state championship trophies.
Anoka-Hennepin School District #11 is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 50
No. of jobs currently in EAN: 5
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Anoka-Hennepin School District #11 are copyright Anoka-Hennepin School District #11.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Anoka-Hennepin School District #11. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Anoka-Hennepin School District #11 will take precedence over any information provided on this site.