Summit Academy will provide meaningful learning in a need-fulfilling environment, empowering every student with the knowledge, skills and behaviors which will add quality to their life.
Summit Academy will provide educational programs and learning opportunities that are process oriented, active, student-centered, and need-fulfilling for the students. We are committed to:
- Learning - Through discovery, critical thinking, evaluation, and quality work.
- Diversity - Recognizing a students need to learn and experience cultures different from their own.
- Students - Individualized learning through team-teaching, multiage grouping, and the application of technology to provide unique, exciting, and challenging learning opportunities.
Our students needs are met and growth obtained through multiage groupings called "learning families". Students are afforded the opportunity to develop at their own rate, tutor others, and interact with students of different ages. They collaborate on areas of central study, while maintaining small group time to work on individual skill development.
Summit Academy encourages active participation of students, parents, and staff in everyday programming and long-range planning for the school. To enhance this involvement, family action teams have been formed.
These teams are:
- Connection Action Team - Coordinates and promotes interaction between staff, students and families.
- Hospitality Action Team - Welcomes new students and hosts visitors.
- Volunteer Action Team - Recruits, trains, and recognizes volunteers.
- Technology & Curriculum Action Team - Provides input on curriculum and technology
Summit Academy Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 5
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Summit Academy Schools are copyright Summit Academy Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Summit Academy Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Summit Academy Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.