Fayette County Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Dean of Students
Location: Frederick Douglass High School
Assumes responsibility for helping students resolve such non-academic problems as may interfere with their getting the greatest benefit from the schoolís opportunities and to help them achieve the fullest benefits from programs, services, and offerings.
- Shares the responsibility for protecting the education, health, and welfare of students assigned.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and distribution of student calendars, handbooks, bulletins, and the like; works with the attendance personnel in all matters of student attendance.
- Counsels individual students and when necessary, makes appropriate referrals for testing, guidance, or psychologists, social workers, and other personnel.
- Makes recommendations for appropriate revisions of policies and rules affecting the studentís life in the school.
- Serves as an active member of the schoolís discipline committee.
- Resolves all discipline problems in a fair and just manner, and maintains records of any disciplinary action taken; confers with parents, teachers, counselors, support service personnel, and students on matters of discipline and welfare.
- Counsels with students, parents, and teachers regarding student progress, special needs, and preventative and positive approaches to discipline.
- Assists in the interpretation of school and district programs, policies, and procedures to students.
- Communicates with parents, staff, community, and governmental agencies on problems/solutions relating to individual and student group issues.
- Assists in developing and administering practices dealing with campus control and security; assists with supervision.
- During extended employment, will analyze data.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masterís Degree
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience
- Certification in administration, supervision, and/or guidance/counseling by the Kentucky Department of Education
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Based on Teacher Salary Schedule determined by education/experience level
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Fayette County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kentucky. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Fayette County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job