Student Support Services Liaison
This job has been closed
Wichita Public Schools
School / Org:
||Truesdell Middle School
No. of Positions:
||24 October 2017
||Open Until Filled
Wichita Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Student Support Services Liaison
Location: Truesdell Middle School
Position Function: The administrative liaison is directly responsible to the building principal and the executive director of special education to assist in the supervision, and oversight of the special educational programs and supportive services/activities in the assigned school(s).
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- The administrative liaison will assist the building principal and support all special education stakeholders representing the school community in developing a vision and goals for the special education programs/services of the school
- The administrative liaison supports the implementation of the school improvement plan
- The administrative liaison assist the building principalís use of data to monitor and adjust as necessary the action plan and goals of the special education programs/services in the assigned school(s)
Enhancing Services for Students with Disabilities:
- The administrative liaison will assist the building principal to develop and implement a proactive and positive approach to behavior management including oversight of functional behavioral assessments and individual behavior plans as needed
- The administrative liaison assist the building principal in monitoring student progress in academic, social, behavioral, and individual education plan (IEP) goals/objectives as directed through the IEP team
- The administrative liaison supports the instructional guidelines established by the building principal that are consistent with the district adopted course and grade level standards and helps with specially designed instruction and professional development activities so that teachers can follow the curriculum with fidelity
- The administrative liaison helps teams individualize instruction for struggling learners so that all students have access to the core curriculum and teachers differentiate instruction and intervention based on student data
- The administrative liaison supports students with disabilities having access to a variety of activities that support their leadership, physical, emotional, social and attitudinal growth in the least restrictive environment
- The administrative liaison will assist the building principal in conducting classroom observations and making recommendations regarding instruction and quality of services provided by special education providers for the purpose of improving student growth and identify professional learning needs
- The administrative liaison, under the support of the building principal, supports instruction through observations, coaching conversation and provides necessary recommendations to enhance teaching and learning
- The administrative liaison may be involved in reviewing and writing IEPs and providing guidance to IEP teams about accommodations, goals, behavioral supports, and measurable outcomes for students with disabilities
- The administrative liaison promotes a positive culture of learning and collaboration necessary to support high levels of learning in academic, social, vocational, and independent living skills for assigned students
Making the Organization Work:
- The administrative liaison promotes a highly efficient and effective Child Student Team (CST) to improve the participation of all students in the least restrictive environment
- The administrative liaison supports a culture of collaboration, trust, learning and high expectations for all
- The administrative liaison builds and sustains partnerships with families, related service providers, general education counterparts, and community partners to ensure collaboration among a multidisciplinary team support for each student
- The administrative liaison follows established timelines and guidelines for conducting an IEP meeting and reporting associated with Emergency Safety Interventions and other special education reporting required by federal, state and district policies
- The administrative liaison will support standards of student conduct and respond to students in crisis when appropriate
- The administrative liaison will provide administrative guidance to the principal during manifestation determination and change of placement considerations for identified students
- The administrative liaison will serve as the administrative designee for IEP team meetings in the absence of the building Principal
- The administrative liaison supports a safe learning environment by adhering to all crisis plans, school wide behavior plans and policies
Additional Duties: The administrative liaison will be responsible for other duties which may be assigned by the Building Principal and/or Assistant Superintendent of Student Support Services or designee.
Equipment: The employee must demonstrate the ability to use basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machine. Employees must always comply with USD 259ís guidelines for equipment use.
Travel: Limited travel between schools and central offices may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Work in standard office, classrooms, and school building environments
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities
- Additional demands upon request of Principal, Superintendent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public school operations
- Ability to deal with confidential matters
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds; (i.e., community, administrators, teachers, substitutes, classified, students, etc.
- Ability to listen, is organized, detail oriented, and is a self-starter
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of audiences inside and outside of the organization for the purpose of giving and obtaining information
- An advanced understanding of special education law governing IEP development, implementation, service structure, disciplinary procedures for students with disabilities
- Advanced computer proficiency and the ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and advanced skills in Synergy which will be determined and validated by testing
- Use of good judgment to make decisions on a wide range of spontaneously occurring special education program issues
- Ability to analyze unique situations and generate problem solving responses with existing staff and resources
- Ability to communicate effectively with a supervisor when their discretion is needed
- Displays a significant degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to conform to proper standards of professional dress and appearance
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the building principal in order to complete day to day tasks
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service
- A current KS teaching license AND special education endorsement required for Kansas categorical aid
- Documented school leadership experience is preferred
- 3 plus years of special education teaching service experience is required.
- Must have advanced technology skills - may be required to show proof by testing.
FSLA Status: Exempt
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Wichita Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Wichita Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job