Elementary Classroom Teacher - Second Grade
Wichita Public Schools
School / Org:
||Mueller Aerospace/Engineering Elementary Magnet
No. of Positions:
||20 October 2017
||Open Until Filled
Wichita Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Elementary Classroom Teacher - Second Grade
Location: Mueller Aerospace/Engineering Elementary Magnet
Position Function: Teaches and facilitates learning and maintains academic progress, discipline, and records for students in grades K-5. Works with parents and students to provide and implement classroom education to meet the needs of all students.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Provides direct instruction and facilitates student learning using current best practices and strategies in all courses study
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicate those objectives to students, parents, and peers as appropriate
- Creates effective lesson plans to guide daily instruction
- Collaborates and communicates with staff to meet the educational needs of students
- Assign lessons and correct homework
- Administer assessments to evaluate student progress, record results, and inform parents of progress
- Maintain discipline in the classroom
- Maintain a classroom that is conducive to learning, safe, and stimulating
- Communicate with parents/guardians and schedule periodic meetings to discuss student progress and/or problems
- Work with Special Education or ESOL teacher to ensure appropriate modifications are being implemented in the classroom
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Prepare classroom instructions to promote students’ success on state assessment exams
- Observes, enforces and is directed by the policies, rules, and regulations adopted by the school district
- Completes all required reports as identified by building principal or school district
- Provides supervision in common areas to support school and district mission and goals
Additional Duties: Assists with additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use SMART boards and iPads in addition to basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply with USD 259’s guidelines for equipment use.
Travel: Limited travel may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- As outlined in on-site job analysis for Elementary Teacher
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Work in school building environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to maintain a classroom of approximately 20 to 25 students
- Ability and patience to work interactively with students
- Skill in organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver teaching instruction in accordance with improved curriculum and standards
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Ability to understand the individual needs of each student
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook and the student information system
- Displays a significant degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to conform to proper standards of professional dress and appearance
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
• In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave.
• Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
• All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of USD 259 and is appropriate for their position.
- Current Kansas State teaching license - K-6 or K-9 required.
- Classroom teaching experience
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment
FSLA Status: Exempt
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Wichita Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Wichita Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job