Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location or Department: Eliza A. Blaker
Summary of Essential Job Functions: Teaches preschool students academic, social, emotional and motor skills in the public school setting. Creates a flexible preschool program by establishing a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establishes effective rapport with pupils; motivates pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for preschoolers as they prepare for kindergarten, in accordance with each pupil's ability; establishes good relationships with parents and with other staff members. Have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as possess the philosophy that "all children can and will learn".
Qualifications: Bachelorís Degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood
Required Experience Includes: Classroom experience teaching at the early childhood level preferably in preschool programming.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum three years teaching experience
- Support multi-cultural, racial, gender, and economic diversity and an international focus within the curriculum
- Ability to work in an inclusive environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences
- Develop and write curriculum proficiently in collaboration with peers
- Evaluation of students using alternative forms of assessment
- Use interdisciplinary curriculum to provide appropriate and motivating educational experiences.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must hold valid Indiana State Teacher's License in Elementary Education with an Early Childhood Endorsement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to implement curriculum which complements the Indiana Early Childhood Foundations.
- Create an effective environment for child-centered learning, efficiently utilizing the available time for instruction.Instruct pupils in citizenship, basic communication skills, and other general elements of the course of study specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
Administer assessments which support appropriate learning skills. Analyze Data: Evaluate student work and assessment data to make instructional adjustments (error pattern analysis), evaluate social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.Analysis of classroom literacy strengths and weaknesses to formulate plans to improve student readiness.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with administration, colleagues, the Special Education Department, and all staff (during 8-Step Process, Learning Log meetings, STPT, team building meetings, etc.).
- Prepare rigorous, engaging lessons and other instructional materials to meet the individual needs of all students.
- Provide direct, explicit comprehension instruction.
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Establish and maintain district standards as prescribed in board policies and district rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates use of best practices instructional strategies.
- Commit to attend all professional development related to reading/teaching/learning.
- Maintain control that is conducive to safety in the classroom and on the playground.
- Confer with parents regarding academic achievement, as well as behavioral issues.
- Keep attendance and records as required by the district and school.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to find, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is designed to denote the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job