Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location or Department: Crispus Attucks MD Magnet High School
Summary of Essential Job Functions: Teaches skills and knowledge in foreign language instruction to secondary students utilizing course of study adopted by the IPS Board of School Commissioners and other appropriate learning activities. The foreign language teacher will motivate each student to develop competencies, knowledge and skills in aurally comprehending, speaking, reading and writing a foreign language, in accordance with each studentís ability, to interpret to students the culture of the countries where the foreign language is spoken to discover and develop special talents of students in foreign language communication.
- Bachelorís Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university.
- Valid Indiana Teacher's License in the particular foreign language (must have or be able to obtain an Indiana teacherís licenses).
- Organized, yet flexible; good management skills; high level of ability to adapt material.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professional staff members.
- Must have a working knowledge of foreign language specialty, state standards, general education curriculum, and IPS curriculum/instruction framework.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Indiana Teacher's License in the foreign language specialty (must have or be able to obtain an Indiana teacherís licenses).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modern foreign language teachers will teach aural comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Develops student understanding and appreciation of culture of countries where foreign language is spoken.
- Create an effective environment for student-centered learning, efficiently utilizing the available time for instruction.
- Instruct students in citizenship, basic communication skills, and other general elements of the course of study specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
* Administer frequent formative and summative assessments (including district pre- and post tests) to see what is working and what is not working.
* Analyze Data: Evaluate student work and assessment data to make instructional adjustments (error pattern analysis), evaluate social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
* Analysis of classroom lesson plan strengths and weaknesses to formulate plans to improve student achievement in foreign language.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with administration, colleagues, and all IPS staff.
- Prepare rigorous, engaging lessons and other instructional materials to meet the individual needs of all students.
- Provide direct, explicit comprehension instruction.
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Establish and maintain district standards as prescribed in board policies and district rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate use of best practices instructional strategies.
- Commit to attend all professional development related to foreign language/teaching/learning.
- Maintain control that is conducive to safety in the classroom.
- Confer with parents regarding academic achievement, as well as behavioral issues.
- Keep attendance and grade records as required by the district and school
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to find, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The above job description is designed to denote the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job