Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Media / Library Specialist
Location or Department: Merle Sidener Gifted Academy
Job Summary: Collaborates with teachers to ensure that the core academic program is well supported, facilitates whole class, individualized and small group instruction with students to support increased achievement, and cultivates a love for reading across the school community.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
- Valid Media/Library Specialist license and Elementary Education License; out of state applicants must be able to secure an Indiana teaching license.
- Minimum three years of successful teaching experience in library/media centers plus elementary general education teaching. Educational background with experience in problem-based learning, inquiry-guided units, cooperative and team teaching, interventions for struggling readers, positive disciplinary approaches, authentic assessment, online learning platforms, and social media integration.
- Plan and support direct instruction through the integration of library services and multimedia materials; work directly with teachers to meet academic requirements and promote student achievement.
- Oversee media center support staff and volunteers to ensure quality library service and support.
- Draft and implement policies and procedures that support access to and success of the library and media center; maintain an attractive and accessible facility.
- Develop and deliver a rigorous and authentic research and library skills program aligned with standards for students in grades K-8.
- Plan, direct, implement and evaluate the library program including budgeting, resource purchasing, maintenance and updating of records.
- Use achievement data to plan interventions, facilitate inquiry-based instruction, and authentically assess and monitor progress for individuals and small groups of students in language arts and/or mathematics.
- Lead and/or support the school-wide standardized testing coordination.
- Manage both print and online resources as well as technology equipment; understand how technology alignment can support the core curriculum, interventions, and enrichment in language arts and mathematics. Work collaboratively with the technology teacher, district computer technician and IPS IT Department to ensure student internet protection.
- Demonstrate respect for students and make their success a top priority within a supportive, caring and stimulating learning environment.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate openly and effectively within a diverse community and with a variety of stakeholders both within and outside of the school.
- Utilize Responsive Classrooms protocols to promote respect, discipline, and collaboration in both classroom and school environments.
- Recognize the importance of being a reflective practitioner, and possess a commitment to collaborate and share practices with colleagues and willingness to learn from others.
- Actively participate in meetings, conferences, media events, and/or related activities within the school, community, and organization as requested by school administration.
- Participate in and lead professional development opportunities, professional learning communities, grade level meetings, subject level meetings, and school wide committees.
- Communicate with all shareholders (students, parents, teachers, administrators, district personnel) regarding student achievement, program scope and sequence (pacing), policies, classroom activities and opportunities, and current progress of the programs via meetings, letters, blogging and submission of articles to school newsletters and additional publications.
- Adhere to the philosophies and practices of Center for Inquiry schools and the International Baccalaureate Programmes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration, including non-instructional duties.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job