Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location or Department: Stephen Foster
Summary of Essential Job Functions: Work collaboratively with District Curriculum Director, Building Administrator, and teachers to build a strong elementary music program.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Music Education
- Required experience includes: Classroom experience teaching Music in a K-6 setting
- Minimum 3 yrs. teaching experience
- Support multi-cultural, racial, gender, and economic diversity and an international focus within the curriculum
- Ability to work in an inclusive environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences
- Develop and write curriculum proficiently in collaboration with peers
- Evaluation of students using alternative forms of assessment
- Use interdisciplinary curriculum to provide appropriate and motivating educational experiences
- Deliver content that meets state standards and use of best practice strategies
- Maintain a model classroom environment supportive of student inquiry and music discovery
- Actively encourage parent involvement in the educational program
- Become an active member in the school community by attending conferences, collaborating and participating in District programs.
- Participate ain professional development opportunities, professional learning communities, grade level meetings, subject level meetings, and school wide committees
- Communicate with all shareholders (students, parents, teachers, administrators, district personnel) regarding student achievement, course syllabus and scope and sequence (pacing), policies, classroom activities and opportunities, and current progress of the programs via meetings, letters, and submission of articles to school newsletters and additional publications
- Facilitate presentations, productions, competitions, events and/or activities as appropriate that showcase student learning and achievement
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must hold valid Indiana State Teacher's License in K – 8 Music or be able to receive a valid Indiana license.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to find, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The above job description is designed to denote the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job