Expanded Impact Teacher (Secondary)
This job has been closed
Indianapolis Public Schools
School / Org:
||Indianapolis Public Schools
No. of Positions:
||20 October 2017
||Open Until Filled
Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Expanded Impact Teacher (Secondary)
Location or Department: Indianapolis Public Schools
Job Summary: The Expanded Impact Teacher plans and delivers in-person instruction for at least 33% more students than typical, in a school where students rotate between face-to-face learning with the teacher and learning supervised by a reach associate. While one class of students is with a reach associate, the teacher teaches another class of students, focusing on delivering personalized and enriched instruction. The teacher is responsible for planning, preparing, and delivering instruction, and monitoring student progress to determine instructional needs. (S)he is also responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of instruction supervised by the reach associate(s) and making or recommending changes. The teacher collaborates with team members teaching the same students (elementary) or subjects (secondary), such as other teachers, digital lab monitors, tutors, and reach associates, to review student progress and change instruction to ensure high-progress, enriched learning for every child. The Expanded Impact Teacher may work on a team led by a multi-classroom leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
*Planning and Preparation
- Set high expectations of achievement that are ambitious and measurable for students.
- Plan backward to align all lessons, activities, and assessments in designated subject(s).
- Design in-person instruction that is enriched (developing higher-order thinking skills) and personalized (reflecting learning levels and interests of individual students).
- Design assessments that accurately assess student progress.
- Determine how students spend instructional time.
- Hold students accountable for high expectations of behavior and engagement that are ambitious and measurable
- Create physical classroom environments conducive to collaborative and individual learning
- Establish a culture of respect, enthusiasm, and rapport
- Hold students accountable for ambitious, measurable standards of academic achievement
- Identify and address individual studentsí social, emotional, and behavioral learning needs and barriers
- Identify and address individual studentsí development of organizational and time-management skills
- Invest students in their learning using a variety of influence techniques
- Incorporate questioning and discussion in student learning
Incorporate small-group and individual instruction to personalize and tailor instruction to individual needs
- Monitor and analyze student assessment data to inform personalized, enriched instruction by teacher, follow-up tutoring by tutor(s), and changes in digital instruction
- Provide tutor(s) with student groupings, instructional assignments, and assessment rubrics
- Communicate with students and keep them informed of their progress
- Solicit and eagerly receive feedback from supervisor and team members to improve professional skills.
- Maintain regular communication with families, and work collaboratively with them to design learning both at home and at school, and to encourage a home life conducive to learning success.
- Collaborate with other teachers, tutors, and assistant teachers to analyze data, group students, teach, and assign interventions.
- Participate in professional development opportunities at school.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Expanded Impact Teacher will manage the duties and schedule of supporting paraprofessionals.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelorís degree
- Knowledge of subject matter being taught
- Two years teaching experience with prior consistent evidence of high-progress student outcomes in the relevant subjects
*Driving for Results
Achievement - Sets challenging goals and reaches a high standard of performance despite barriers.
Monitoring and Directiveness - Sets clear expectations and holds others accountable for performance.
Planning Ahead - Plans ahead in order to reach goals and avoid problems.
Time Management - meets deadlines, prioritizes projects, plans starting and ending deadlines, and successfully brings closure to projects.
Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
*Influencing for Results
Impact and Influence - Acts with the purpose of influencing what other people think and do.
Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members; effectively interacts with principals, co-workers, students and parents.
Developing Others - Influences with the specific intent to increase the short- and long-term effectiveness of another person.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Data Analysis - Interprets and uses assessment results.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Conceptual- Applies logical thinking or reasoning to define and administer effective lesson plans and course objectives.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Flexibility (Adaptability) - Adapts approach to the requirements of a situation and changes tactics.
*IPS Community Behaviors
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Works confidentially and with discretion.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Interprets technical instructions and school system policies and procedures; Maintains curriculum guidelines or requirements as established by the State and school system.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Uses and applies a range methods of effective instruction, including lecture and demonstration.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must hold or have the ability to attain a current or valid Indiana State Teacherís license in the subject area and grade level appropriate to the schoolís needs. Must be deemed Highly Qualified in accordance with the Indiana Department of Education.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job