Located approximately 15 miles west of Chicago's Loop, LT serves the communities of LaGrange, Western Springs, Burr Ridge, Countryside, Hodgkins, Indian Head Park, LaGrange Highlands, LaGrange Park, McCook, and parts of Brookfield and Willow Springs. The community population of about 80,000, includes many residents that are college graduates and work as professionals and in managerial careers.
Lyons Township High School makes meaningful learning and dedicated teaching in a student-centered enviornment its highest priority. With the help of the entire LHTSM community and through comprehensive curriculum and co-curricular programs, we pledge to foster the full intellectual, physical, moral, and aesthetic growth of all students and affirm our century-old motto, Vita Plena, the quest for the fulfilling life.
* September 3, 1688 - original building on North Campus site contained assembly room, four classrooms, library, and office; enrollment - 39
* 1891 - first commencement - seven diplomas
* 1914 - athletic field constructed and named Emmond Field
* 1926-1929 - expansion included clock tower, auditorium, offices, library, and gym
* 1944 - Corral established
* 1952 - Vaughn Building constructed
* 1956 - South Campus constructed and opened
* 1957 - Corral building constructed
* 1968 - Emmond Field designated as a site for field house, swimming pool, and gym
* 1998-2000 - major renovation/additions in art, music, athletics, all 4 buildings and facilities/fields, and buildings wired for technology
* 2005-2006 - additions of performing arts center, fieldhouse, and swimming pool; upgrades to general purpose classrooms
LTHS offers over 1000 activities and athletics including academic clubs, communication arts, performing arts, intramurals, leadership and service organizations. Twenty-five interscholastic sports with different levels, to maximize opportunities for student participation, are offered, as well as 16 intramural activities and three performing teams. A community cable television station and radio station offer unique opportunities for students as do LT's student newspaper, yearbook, and literary/art magazine. The Corral , located next to South Campus, sponsors activities and events for all students.
Active parent and community organizations give thousands of hours in service for the betterment of Lyons Township High School. Alumni organize reunions and illustrious alumni are annually inducted into the LT Hall of Fame.
School Colors: Blue and gold
School Mascot: Lion
The dear old school of gold and blue
Your sons and daughters sing your praises true
We know you're fair, we know you're square
In all your games you play to win
We will back you to the end
And our cheers on high we'll send
Gold and Blue, LTHS
*Hear the school song performed by the LTHS Choirs and Band.*
* Applicants must apply online at www.lths.net
* Click on Employment.
* Click on Certified.
* Click on Apply Online.
* All documents should be submitted electronically.
Lyons Township High School District 204 is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 1
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Lyons Township High School District 204 are copyright Lyons Township High School District 204.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Lyons Township High School District 204. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Lyons Township High School District 204 will take precedence over any information provided on this site.