Boulder Creek Academy faculty are experienced educators who understand the special needs of BCA's unique students.
At Boulder Creek Academy special care is taken to integrate students into the college preparatory academic program in a manner that ensures their success. The academic curriculum is designed to support students who need assistance in developing successful academic habits.
Students are initially introduced to academics through hands-on experiential projects. A working farm and greenhouse on the campus provide a wonderful resource for learning. Here academic study is folded into practical learning experience; likewise, our teachers and adventure adventure education specialists provide real-life learning. Simultaneously, students develop the basic life skills of organizing, prioritizing, committing, and following-through.
Lessons also take place in traditional classroom settings. Class sizes are small allowing teachers the opportunity to foster each student's individual learning needs. Flexible scheduling allows students to enroll at any time, and provides a more focused academic program. SAT and ACT preparation is provided as part of the support students receive as they transition to college. Tutoring is encouraged and made available to all students.
Key Features of BCA
* Individualized curriculum plan.
* College-preparatory academics.
* Emotional Growth Curriculum.
* Case management with interdisciplinary team of academic, emotional growth, clinical, nursing, and family resource faculty.
* Experiential classroom to assess learning needs.
* Working farm and horticulture program.
* Clinical therapists on each student's team.
* Community service projects.
* Adventure education expeditions/trips.
* Support for mild to moderate learning and emotional diagnoses.
* Competitive sports.
* Substance abuse education.
* Photo, woodworking, pottery, art and music studios.
* Performing arts auditorium.
Boulder Creek Academy is a Other organization
No. of Schools: 2
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Boulder Creek Academy are copyright Boulder Creek Academy .
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Boulder Creek Academy . Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Boulder Creek Academy will take precedence over any information provided on this site.