Building Trades Teacher
This job has been closed
Cedar Rapids Community Schools
School / Org:
||Cedar Rapids Community Schools
||Cedar Rapids, Iowa
No. of Positions:
||6 December 2017
||Open Until Filled
Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Building Trades Teacher
Location: Various Locations
Summary: This teaching position provides direct instruction, lab instruction, and supervision of high school-aged students in the area of Building Trades, home construction. The programís curriculum meets a rigorous set of core program competencies that will prepare students with the skills and knowledge to enter either the workforce or transition successfully into a post-secondary education program in Building Trades or a related field. This position will entail a majority of the time outside of the traditional classroom setting. For the 2017-2018 school year, this position will co-teach with the Building Trades Teacher to transition back to a single teacher in 2018-2019.
Industrial Technology 5-12
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on national, state and local curriculum through a combination of classroom and on-site experiences.
- Maintains and manages program facilities and equipment.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of equipment.
- Ensures all building codes are successfully met through appropriate permits, reviews, and inspections.
- Adheres to all state guidelines required for the implementation of a successful program.
- Communicates responsibly with all stakeholders.
- Integrates and applies vocational English to daily lesson plans and hands-on training for limited English speaking students.
- Interacts with students, co-workers, and community in a positive, cooperative and professional manner to demonstrate to students a model of expected behavior on the job.
- Assists and collaborates with the principal, school counselor, staff, parents and students on matters pertaining to student achievement.
- Maintains appropriate records and protects the confidentiality of data.
- Meets the 8 Iowa Teaching Standards and 42 criteria on a consistent basis.
- Reports to work as scheduled on a regular and reliable basis.
- Participate in monthly Student Built House Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Iowa Teaching License with Career and Technical Education Authorization
- In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and implement ideas contained in technical documents, assessment data, professional journals and regulations. Ability to effectively write reports and communications to students, colleagues, parents and staff. Ability to effectively present information orally and respond to questions from administrators, teachers, staff and students. Ability to assist students in the areas of language and literacy.
Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, decimals and fractions. Ability to assist students in implementing these mathematical concepts. Ability to perform and teach practical algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve problems effectively. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Believes that all children can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our children and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all children.
- Applies the principles of continuous improvement with quality tools and processes.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a record of accomplishment
- Works with great integrity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Iowa Teaching Certification with an endorsement in content area required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research as it relates to the support of the Educational Goals of the District. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently demonstrates manual dexterity, ability to communicate, lifting, kneeling, squatting, climbing, crawling, stooping, turning/twisting, balancing, reaching and handling with various frequencies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is that of a construction work site. The position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM workday. The employee will usually work in multiple temperatures depending on the weather as home construction and repair proceeds.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
It is the policy of the Cedar Rapids Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (employment only), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and socioeconomic status (students/program only) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Federal law obligates an employer to provide reasonable accommodation(s) for the known disabilities of applicants, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship on the employer. If you or someone you know requires accommodation in the hiring process, contact the Executive Director of Human Resources, at 319-558-2421.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job