All students will be successful learners if we:
* create a comfortable and supportive learning environment.
* provide them with work which is energizing, challenging, and relevant.
* strive for student engagement which is “minds on” not only “hands on.”
* use appropriate techniques which are cognizant of a variety of learning styles.
* hold high expectations and provide on-going assistance.
* have a “whatever it takes attitude.”
* Treat every student as if they were your own child or the child of someone very important to you.
* What we do and how we act in every situation speaks volumes above what we say.
* A rapport of caring and fairness must set the groundwork for academic success.
* Creating an authentically engaging learning environment for all students must be the work of the schools.
* To see improvement in academic achievement for the overall student population and each subgroup of students.
* To provide a safe and secure campus for all of our students and employees.
* To be fiscally responsible at both the school and district level
* To treat every child, parent, community member, and staff member with respect and dignity
* To cultivate a spirit of loyalty, commitment, and teamwork among all district employees
* To make every decision based on what is best for students not on what will make our lives easier.
City Schools of Decatur is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 7
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of City Schools of Decatur are copyright City Schools of Decatur.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by City Schools of Decatur. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from City Schools of Decatur will take precedence over any information provided on this site.