New Canaan Public Schools Mission Statement:
We believe that:
* The focus of school activity is on the student and the student's active engagement in learning, including the mastery of curricular content.
* Each student's learning can be deepened, expanded and continuously improved, regardless of that student's abilities and motivations.
* Students learn best when teachers maintain high expectations, deliver effective instruction, nurture an ethical community of learners, and are supported by sufficient resources.
* The New Canaan public school system is committed to designing high quality work for its students.
* A commitment to continuous professional growth from all educators and on-going support and encouragement from the school system is required in designing high quality work for students.
* In a world that is increasingly diverse and technologically sophisticated, the students of the New Canaan Public Schools must develop creativity and the habits of mind that underlie effective communication, collaboration, problem solving skills and responsible citizenship.
* We have a responsibility to provide meaningful educational programs for all students, including those who do not intend to enter colleges or universities immediately following high school.
* We must actively promote respect and an understanding of oneself and others, regardless of differences.
* Our schools, families, and community must maintain mutual respect and support for their complementary roles in the emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and moral development of each child.
* The Board of Education, the superintendent, school staff, parents and social agencies must form a community that actively supports and advocates for students.
New Canaan Public Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 6
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of New Canaan Public Schools are copyright New Canaan Public Schools .
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by New Canaan Public Schools . Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from New Canaan Public Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.