West Hartford, population 60,000, is a lively, attractive New England community, minutes from Connecticut's capital city and convenient to both New York and Boston, as well as the New England shoreline. A balance of well-kept residential neighborhoods, vibrant retail sectors, and solid commercial and industrial districts, along with a rich blend of cultures, give our town its unique, exciting character.
Residents take great pride in the outstanding reputation our public schools enjoy.
* Eleven elementary, three middle, and two high schools serve over 10,000 pre-K to grade 12 students. Three of our elementary schools are pioneering magnet schools, providing intensive language, arts, science, mathematics, and technology instruction.
* 72% of our 900-member faculty have postgraduate degrees. On average, our educators have 12 years of experience in their profession. 35% of our professional staff are trained as mentors, assessors, or cooperating teachers.
* The average class size is 20 in our elementary schools, 21 in our middle schools, and 21 in our high schools. The district-wide student-to-teacher ratio is 14:1.
* West Hartford residents represent a wide variety of backgrounds and speak more than 63 languages, diversity that helps all our students learn to celebrate our differences.
* 93% of our high school graduates attend two- or four-year colleges.
* Our students consistently achieve high scores on the SAT, CMT and CAPT, and rank among the top five districts in the state for participation in the Advanced Placement Program.
* Our fine arts, music and theatre arts programs receive national recognition. Throughout their school years, West Hartford students receive an education that combines academics with knowledge, appreciation and experience in the arts. At the high school level, at least 50% of the student body takes a fine arts, music or theatre arts course.
* An exemplary library media services program employs full-time specialists in all schools. Our library media center collections include over 280,000 books and periodicals, as well as updated computer networks, on-line catalogs, CD-ROM resources, and online services.
* Over 50% of our high school students join interscholastic athletic teams, many of which win conference or division titles, while demonstrating the sportsmanship for which our athletes are known. About two-thirds of those who participate in athletics also achieve honor-roll status.
West Hartford Public Schools is a publicly funded organization
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of West Hartford Public Schools are copyright West Hartford Public Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by West Hartford Public Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from West Hartford Public Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.