Middle School Maintenance Technician
This job has been closed
Aspen School District
School / Org:
||Aspen Middle School
No. of Positions:
||7 February 2018
||Open Until Filled
Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Middle School Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Director of Maintenance and Custodians
Terms of Employment: 12-month, 248 work days, classified, exempt, at-will employee
Work Schedule: As per individual assignment in keeping with assigned, 12 month work calendar.
Job Objective: This employee provides the technical expertise and manual skill in inspection, servicing, and repair of the buildings, grounds, equipment, and furnishings to minimize property damage, loss, and liability exposure. The maintenance technician ensures equipment continues to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of the facilities does not deteriorate.
- Energy Management knowledge preferred to monitor energy use at the building level in order to understand where, when, and how energy is being used. Monitor, adjust, and repair HVAC occupancy.
- Make repairs and installations within facilities, including scheduling and performing preventive maintenance checks for mechanical and electrical equipment and systems within and along perimeters (e.g., walkways, driveways, play areas) of assigned buildings to ensure facilities are sound and attractive and equipment is functioning properly;
- Monitor building conditions, ensuring compliance with building codes and ADA accessibility standards, and report to supervisor any suspected problems or unsafe conditions;
- Maintain an inventory and organize equipment/tools necessary to perform duties ensuring availability of items needed for repairs and maintenance;
- Work with administrator(s) to maintain security of keys issued to employees, upholding procedures, and ensuring that assigned buildings and job sites are secured;
- Anticipate and prepare for fire, health, and safety inspections monitoring safety equipment and maintaining clear routes for emergency egress;
- Take precautions to ensure safety, watching for conduct/situations that may indicate a problem and work with staff to eliminate risk factors;
- Perform other specific, job-related duties as directed.
- Manage oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education;
- Develop and maintain rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in the course of work by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct;
- Demonstrate professionalism , handling disagreements and conflicts in a diplomatic manner, and contributing to a positive work/learning environment;
- Perform routine maintenance activities on schedule established with supervisor (e.g., lubricating of moving parts, replacement of filters, cleaning of equipment, adjusting/replacing belts, preparing items for storage);
- With supervisor, check daily schedule and coordinate preparation and clean-up activities for building events;
- Demonstrate flexibility with regard to interruptions and changing conditions;
- Work efficiently to complete tasks with limited supervision and to meet deadlines;
- Pick up and deliver equipment, materials, and other supplies as directed;
- Maintain accurate work documentation/reports/records for the purpose of accounting as well as completing work in timely manner;
- Effectively give and receive constructive feedback;
- Observe safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties;
- Observe all District policies and procedures.
- Because safety is essential to job performance, ability to understand and communicate well in English, both speaking and writing, is required; Bilingual Spanish is preferable;
- Knowledge of carpentry, construction, painting, electrical diagnostic equipment, plumbing and heating system for commercial buildings;
- Ability to work with various materials, tools, and methods common to the above listed trades;
- Knowledge of repairs and upgrades with awareness of energy efficiency ,and conservation
Licenses or Certification:
- Valid Colorado Driverís License
- Current CPR/AED Certification
Essential Environmental Demands:
Employees must exercise caution and comply with safety regulations and district procedures when involved in the following situations:
- Balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, and/or standing,
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes,
- Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemical irritants, combustible materials, electrical hazards,equipment vibrations, noises, and odors,
- Exposure to wet and/or slippery surfaces,
- Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases,
- Interactions with aggressive, disruptive, and/or uncooperative individuals,
- Lifting, carrying, and moving work-related supplies/equipment,
- Operating and/or riding in a vehicle,
- Performing tasks that require strenuous physical exertion,
- Traveling to meetings and work assignments,
- Working at various heights, in confined spaces, and/or in variable/diminished lighting, and
- Working in proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, reaching, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and stooping.
- Occasional lifting of over 50 pounds and use of appropriate lift assistance equipment.
Supervisory Duties: None
Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions adopted by the administration of the Aspen School District.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
Primary Location: Aspen Middle School
Salary Information: $40,500.00 - $53,000.00 / Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job