Accounts Payable Specialist
This job has been closed
Aspen School District
School / Org:
||Aspen School District
No. of Positions:
||9 November 2017
||Open Until Filled
Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Accounts Payable Specialist
Department Affiliation: District Administration
Evaluator: Chief Financial Officer
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Work Year: 233-234 Days/Year
- Prepare and enter necessary journal entries.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Record monthly property tax receipts.
- Manage chart of accounts.
- Coordinate district-wide bulk purchasing.
- Prepare Education Fund Board requests for reimbursement.
- Monitor school activity accounts.
- Distribute grant information and requirements.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation work papers.
- Educate and inform staff of applicable State and Federal regulations of tax reporting.
- Act as liaison between school staff and district administration office.
- Oversee bookkeeping accounting functions at all locations.
- Perform other miscellaneous State reporting as needed.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in preparing budgets as needed.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in preparing audit workpapers and financial statements as needed.
- Process requisitions and correctly codes all charges.
- Manage and assist with requisition processing, including online requisition form processing, training staff, and managing database.
- Track and research all invoices.
- Assist vendors and schools with billing questions.
- Prepare vouchers for approval by the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Enter invoices, print and mail checks.
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget reports for administrators.
- Maintain accurate tax reporting information and issue year-end 1099 reports.
- Maintain accurate vendor files.
- Manage and reconcile District credit and charge card statements.
- Prepare the fuel tax refund claim and send on a quarterly basis to the Colorado Department of Revenue.
- Sign out gas credit cards to activity drivers.
- Manage monthly Food Service Fund accounting.
- Order postage for the postage meter along with resetting it when more postage is needed.
- Assist in the office as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required. A Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred.
- Accounting experience desired.
- Ability to work well with staff, the Board and the general public.
- Ability to operate common office equipment and machines.
- Efficient word processing, spreadsheet and calculator abilities.
- Meets District physical standards to carry out job requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions:
Decision Making: An example of a typical decision made by an individual in this position is to interpret policies/procedures and best practice. An incorrect decision made by this position could impact the district legally causing financial condition of district to be effected. Errors made in decision-making could potentially result in substantial cost to the District or damage the credibility of the District.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of parents, community members, commissions, colleagues and Board of Education.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, discounts, commissions, proportions, percentage, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, and geometry
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract concrete variables. Ability to analyze and use data to supervise the delivery of instruction and the school improvement process.
Technology Skills: Proficient use of technology which includes: basic operations and concepts, word processing, spread sheets, internet usage, critical evaluation of information, data analysis, email, integration of technology.
Other Skills And Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in education. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to copy, coordinate, instruct, evaluate and negotiate. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies. Ability to discipline students consistent with district procedures. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is quiet to loud depending on the activity in the particular part of the day.
This information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act. (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Primary Location: District Wide
Salary Information: Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job