Girls' Lacrosse Head Coach
This job has been closed
Aspen School District
School / Org:
||Aspen High School
No. of Positions:
||9 November 2017
||Open Until Filled
Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
High School Girls' Lacrosse Head Coach
Location: Aspen High School
Job Description: Title: Head Coach – Aspen High School: Girls Lacrosse
Job Summary: The head coach is responsible for planning, directing and leading an education based athletic program that seeks to develop athletes of empathy and integrity.
- Must meet the head coaching requirements of CHSAA and/or the State Department of Education.
- Attend a ‘Why We Play’ seminar/coaches training.
- Experience coaching in an Education Based athletic program preferred.
- Certified teacher preferred.
- Playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
Reports to: High School Athletic Director.
Job Goals: To accept the responsibility of the program and work with the student-athletes in the sport assigned and to provide life lessons that will positively impact the physical, social and emotional well-being of all who are involved.
Traits of an Effective Coach: Demonstrates a high degree of empathy, positivity, trust, responsibility, discipline & flexibility. Is a developer, teacher, achiever and problem-solver.
- Accept and implement the athletic philosophy of Aspen High School.
- Follows the rules and regulations of the school, the conference and CHSAA.
- Attend the rules interpretation meeting held by CHSAA.
- Maintain a membership in the appropriate coaches’ association and participate so that AHS has representation.
- Attend clinics, seminars and in-service programs to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning and safety procedures.
- Attend school, conference, region, and state coaches’ meetings.
- Give input about and then carry out the interscholastic schedule as drawn up by the Athletic Director.
- Organize, schedule and supervise practice sessions.
Submit and verify transportation requests for scrimmages, practices and events.
- Supervise the use of equipment in your sport.
- Development of a written annual inventory and make recommendations for purchases to the Athletic Director.
- Distribution and collection of equipment and supplies.
- Regularly inspect equipment and facilities to insure the safety of each student athlete.
- Responsible for reporting scores, statistics, and disseminating team information on MaxPreps and for publicity.
- Participate in pre and post season meetings with the Athletic Director. The post-season meeting will serve as an evaluation conference.
- Delegate responsibility to the assistant coaches as appropriate.
- Organize and participate in an end of the season information and evaluation sessions with all assistant coaches.
- Work to develop continuity between the community and school programs.
- Provide leadership in his or her program for all levels (9th, 10th, JV and Varsity) of the sport.
- Only allows athletes certified by the Athletic and Sports Medicine Offices to participate.
- Maintains appropriate supervision of his/her program at all times (locker rooms, practices, events, bus rides, etc.). Supervises any and all space used by athletes while they are present.
- Assures that the squad will reflect proper attitude and conduct at all times home or away.
- Encourages young men and women to participate in sports and other co-curricular activities other than his/her own but does not attempt to influence the specific sport or activity.
- Establish and use a system of communication to athletes and parents that will include explanation of program policies, awards, procedures, goals and schedules.
- Has responsibility for the end of season awards programs.
- Represent the school in a professional manner in demeanor, language, and conduct (based on standards established by the Athletic Director).
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the sport.
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Terms of Employment: Compensation and duration of the assignment as negotiated.
Evaluation: Performance of the job will be evaluated annually.
Evaluation Coordinator: Athletic Director.
Evaluators: High School Principal and Athletic Director.
Primary Location: Aspen High School
Salary Information: Stipend at end of season / Stipend
Shift Type: Part-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job