This job has been closed
Aspen School District
School / Org:
||Aspen School District
No. of Positions:
||3 October 2017
||Open Until Filled
Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: District Administration
Evaluator: Chief Financial Officer
Responsible To: Chief Financial Officer
Summary of Position Duties: Responsible for performing all payroll duties to include data entry, maintaining and data entry into finance system, salary schedule updates, employee deductions, tax updates, retirement and benefits deductions, as well as process of monthly pay and payouts for termed employees. Duties also include maintenance/administrator of benefit provider systems, payroll and time clock systems as well as finance system and accounting duties as directed.
- Prepare and produce payroll on a monthly basis. Produce paychecks and all related reports.
- Administer electronic timekeeping system. Provide staff training as needed. Reconcile timesheets.
- Administer electronic teacher absence and substitute system
- Administer employee payroll portal system
- Compute salaries and benefits for all staff including Administrative, classified and licensed staff, coaches, substitutes and temporary.
- Update and maintain all payroll records (W-4's, CU, insurance, TSA’s, 401K, garnishments, etc.)
- Input all employee new hire and current staff, update data into the accounting system.
- Verify accuracy of all data
- Prepare all required reports to include, but not limited to: Prepare quarterly 941 Report, quarterly Unemployment Report, state CDE HR reports, bi-annual EEO. Prepare ACA reporting and tax forms
- Prepare and distribute annual W-2's and ACA forms.
- Prepare/process calculation for payouts of termed employees. Maintain COBRA records.
- Maintain eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance. Maintain and update benefits provider’s sites with eligible staff lists, open enrollment and renewal updates as needed.
- Provide and maintain updated PERA information for PERA and staff.
- Provide and answer staff information on benefits as requested
- Works closely with Athletic secretary to update sponsor and coaching staff lists; Prepare sponsor and coaching contracts and distribute.
- Prepare for workers’ compensation audit.
- Maintain sick leave bank and caregiver bank memberships and requests.
- Administer and maintain employee benefit programs to include district annual leave, sick leave bank and vacation records.
- Prepare payroll and benefit related invoices and related paper work (Insurance, unemployment, garnishments, etc.) Prepare and make computer entries for all deposits.
- Prepare tax payments. Prepare and enter various journal entries
- Maintain payroll files.
- Complete employment verification, unemployment requests.
- Maintain thorough understanding and application of district policies, rules, regulations and procedures regarding payroll, benefits, taxes, unemployment, health insurance, 401K, 403b and PERA.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Operations with various accounting and other tasks as needed including grants and audit work papers.
- Works closely with the Director of HR for benefit, leave and other HR related needs and tasks
- Provide back up to HR and office staff as needed
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience in payroll, accounting and bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Efficient word processing, spreadsheet, and calculator capabilities.
- Ability to work positively with staff, the Board, and community.
- Meets District physical standards to carry out job requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions:
Decision Making: An example of a typical decision made by an individual in this position is to interpret policies/procedures and best practice. An incorrect decision made by this position could impact the district legally causing financial condition of district to be effected. Errors made in decision-making could potentially result in substantial cost to the District or damage to the credibility of the District.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of parents, community members, commissions, colleagues and Board of Education.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, discounts, commissions, proportions and percentage. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract concrete variables.
Technology Skills: Proficient use of technology which includes: basic operations and concepts, word processing, spread sheets, internet usage, critical evaluation of information, data analysis, email, integration of technology.
Other Skills And Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in budget and finance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to copy, coordinate, instruct, evaluate and negotiate. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is quiet to loud depending on the activity in the particular part of the day.
This information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act. (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Primary Location: District Wide
Salary Information: Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job