Academic Intervention Teacher
Elk Grove Unified
Lead Teacher/Dept. Head
School / Org:
||Elk Grove Unified School District
||Elk Grove, California
No. of Positions:
||EAN CE18 - 1
||2 February 2018
||31 August 2018
Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Academic Intervention Teacher - Eligibility Pool (Elementary School Sites To Be Determined)
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District
Length of Work Year: Varies
Salary: Time Sheet Position - $40.00 per hour
Class Title: ACADEMIC INTERVENTION TEACHER
Basic Function: Under the direction of the site principal, provide leadership and support for the assessment, implementation and evaluation of the District K-12 curriculum and instruction programs at assigned school sites in order to eliminate the achievement gap. The intervention teacher will focus on the instructional needs of students scoring below the 25th percentile on standardized tests and English Language Learners.
Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an instructional program for students scoring below 25th and ELL that is consistent with District standards and benchmarks.
Diagnose curricular weaknesses through interim assessment and appropriate differentiated instruction.
Assess student skills and assist staff with analyzing and interpreting related data.
Assist classroom teachers and learning centers with identifying the appropriate interventions for students.
Diagnose the needs of English Language Learners and develop an instructional plan to meet their needs.
Provide professional development and instructional support concerning research and teaching techniques.
Deliver reading and mathematics instruction that is aligned with the content standards approved by the Board of Education.
Demonstrate the application of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession in delivering instruction to students.
Collaborate with site administrators, program personnel, students and parents to enhance instructional programs so that they support individual student needs.
Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision and control, and staff, parent, department and District meetings.
Communicate regularly with parents regarding student progress observed, needs or problems and special accomplishments.
Develop and communicate curricular and instructional plans and objectives to students and parents including course descriptions, performance expectations and other pertinent information to allow parental monitoring; review with the Principal as necessary.
Assist with instruction to students with special needs in accordance with IEP utilizing support services as appropriate; participate in IEP meetings as appropriate.
Maintain records regarding student progress including special education students in accordance with site and District policy; prepare reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed.
Develop lesson plans in accordance with site and District policy, and practice and specific plans for substitutes as necessary.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
- California Standards for the Teaching Profession
- California Content Standards
- Scientifically based research strategies and intervention programs for ELL and students below the 25%
- Principles, theories, practices, methods and techniques used in curriculum development and classroom instruction
- Instructional strategies used in the enhancement of curricular programs
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Child guidance principles and practices
- Classroom procedures that promote appropriate student conduct and motivation for student learning
- Standardized and performance based assessment practices
- Current trends and research concerning the growth and development of children
- School climate and culture
- Curriculum, goals, and objectives
- Principles of training and providing work direction
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Public speaking techniques
- Record keeping, research methods and report preparation techniques
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Scientific intervention programs in reading and math
- Applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws
- First aid and CPR
- Adapt plans to meet differentiated needs of ELL and students below the 25%
- Create an instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
- Establish effective rapport with pupils
- Motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for education, in accordance with each studentís ability
- Monitor children in classrooms
- Display the use of good judgment in making decisions
- Maintain professional relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues and supervising staff members
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain acceptable standards of physical health, energy and emotional adjustment to the job environment
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Seeing to read a variety of materials
Education and Experience Required:
- Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree, including courses needed to meet credential requirements and student teaching classroom experience
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Valid California Teaching Credential
- Valid California Class C driver's license
- Assignments in this class may be full-time or part-time. Work year may be a traditional 10-month assignment or one of the tracks in the year-round school program
- Classroom or outdoor environment
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job