All Children Can Learn
The North Slope School District covers the top of Alaska and is entirley above the Arctic Circle. It's Boundaries are the same as those of the North Slope Borough covering 88,000 square miles, and 650 miles from east to west. The district consists of eight widely separated villages- Anuktukvuk Pass, Atquasuk Barrow, Kaktovic, Nuiqsut, Point Lay, Point Hope, and Wainwright. The total student population is approximately 2,250 and primarily Inupiat Eskimo.
This district is committed to educating each child to his/her maximum potential. All our classes are driven by the Alaska Standards allowing students, teachers and parents to know what students are expected to learn. Our principals and teachers are committed to providing a positive, safe school climate in order to produce positive student outcomes, high achievement and well-rounded responsible members of the community.
The District consists of the following sites:
* Barrow High
* Hopson Middle
* Ipalook Elementary
* Mead River
* Tikigaq, and
Ten Reasons to Teach on the North Slope
1) Best school facilities in the state.
2) Best staff housing in the state, at a reasonable price.
3) Highest wages in the state
4) Best benefits package in the state (generous medical/dental/vision, moving expenses, housing tax deduction).
5) Excellent resource support (site budgets, staff).
6) Accredited schools.
7) Arctic adventure/cultural experience - chance of a lifetime!
8) Most technologically agressive district in the state.
9) Highly professional and motivated staff.
10) Wonderful people of the North Slope.
North Slope Borough School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 10
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of North Slope Borough School District are copyright North Slope Borough School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by North Slope Borough School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from North Slope Borough School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.