This is a freelancer job for our reading-based English learning program designed for school-aged children (6 through 17 years old) in China or other countries.
As an online instructor, you are going to deliver English lesson through online video conference and help kids on different reading stage reach learning objectives in the following key areas:
- Comprehension to selected Books of specified level
- Pronunciation and fluency
- Phonemic awareness and phonics
- Vocabulary expansion
- Foundational reading skills
- Communicative skills in listening, questioning, discussion, etc.
- Presentation skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Writing skills
Preparations & Planning
- Perform quick assessments of students’ English ability during the first session (trial session) and select appropriate level books for students.
- Prepare the background knowledge, activities during learning, tools, etc. about the books selected for students.
- For each selected book, based on our Teaching Guide, determine appropriate overall learning goals and lesson objectives for each session, as well as pacing and lesson sequence, e.g., frequency of class, length of unit, class schedule, etc.
- Ensure proper functioning of computer with webcam, microphone, and broadband (high speed) Internet during lesson. Test connection to our video-conference
- Use a variety of teaching strategies or aids to deliver high quality and engaging online learning experience.
- Complete reading selected books with student(s) on schedule to meet the learning objectives, e.g. comprehension, literacy goals, etc. and track student performance and progress in required key target areas after each
- Provide regular updates on student progress.
Hours and Schedule
You have the flexibility to choose the class time and the total number of hours you are able to work each week. You are also welcomed to specify the level or age group of the students you’d like to work with. However, we ask you to adhere to the same schedule throughout the span of a unit once you commit to it. A unit may span a few weeks to a few months depending on the level and the age group of the students. For example, an instructor who selects to work from 8:00pm to 9:00pm Beijing Time (US EST Daylight Savings Time 8:00am-9:00am) on Saturday and Sunday is expected to work with the same student every Saturday and Sunday until the unit is completed.
Currently we are seeking instructors for the hours between Monday through Friday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm China time, and Saturday and Sunday between 9:00am to 9:00pm China time.
Please keep in mind the time zone difference between China time and the location you are residing in as you consider your schedule.
$25 ~ $40 per hour for 1 on 1 lessons, depends on your experience and qualification.
How to Apply
- Copy of resume specifying nationality and/or country of origin
- Copy of diploma of your highest degree
- Copy of teaching certificate or TEFL/TESOL certificate if applicable, or other applicable professional certificates
- Desired hourly rate, available times, and preference of student age group if any
Once an agreement is reached between the instructor and our company, we would also need the following to build the instructor’s online profile:
- A short self-introduction (250-1,000 words) outlining your qualifications (educational background, teaching and other professional experience), teaching style, and why you would be an effective instructor. Please do not include any private information such as email, phone, home address since this will be posted on our website under the instructor profile.
- A recent color photo